ISS Conferentie: Prins Claus leerstoel
Over the last fifteen years there is an increasing awareness that to meet these challenges it will not be effective nor sustainable to direct more money into the existing health care –mostly public – systems and organizations. What is needed are systems that on the one hand improve the access and quality of services and on the other hand provide for a viable and inclusive health insurance system.
Hence, the time has come to see where we stand, to share experiences, draw lessons and set an agenda for future actions and research. The objective of the conference is to bring researchers, policy makers and practitioners together and discuss the different initiatives and the different insurance and delivery models that have been developed and put into practice.
The objectives of the conference can be summarized as follows:
- To present the international state of the art regarding the development, implementation and evaluation of health insurance and health delivery systems.
- To present and discuss more in depth different initiatives in different countries, including research results.
- To explicit the basic dilemma’s and barriers and conditions for an effective functioning of models and interventions.
- To learn from each other and draw lessons from the different (local) contexts
- To set up an agenda for the future.
- To draw up a specific message for the VN conference on June 20 2012.
Donderdag 5 juni 2012, 9:00-18:00 uur
Erasmus University Rotterdam