MDF Training & Consultancy: Advocacy and Policy Influencing Course
MDF Training & Consultancy biedt cursussen aan in De Bosrand in Ede.
Cursus: Advocacy and Policy Influencing: How it works
16 – 20 April 2012
19 – 23 November 2012
Influence policies and practices of decision makers
Advocacy is a joint strategic effort to influence policies and politics. If you want to learn how to influence policies and practices of crucial decision makers with the involvement of your power basis, then join this course. It will equip you with combined strategies, useful insights, tools and skills.
You are a manager, policy officer or lobbyist in the area of development cooperation. You are working for a civil society organisation, a governmental body or an international institution.
You will go through all aspects of the Policy Influencing Cycle – so that:
- You can identify relevant issues for Policy influencing and Advocacy
- You can analyse the policy environment and choose the most effective strategies and tactics for policy influencing with your beneficiaries and stakeholders
- You know how to influence decision makers
- You will reinforce your influencing attitude and you will practice related skills
- You can prepare policy change goals with different stakeholder settings
- You will formulate a concrete action plan to bring back to work
NEW: The course will make use of a new manual on Advocacy and Policy Influencing, developed by MDF trainers for TACSO.
Duur van de cursus: 1 week