Second AGRIMBA-AVA Congress 2011
Dynamics of international cooperation in rural development and agribusiness
22-24 june 2011
The 1st bi-annual congress of AGRIMBA, the international network for the MBA in agribusiness and rural development, was organized successfully by the University of Debrecen in 2009 by the name of AVA-Congress. AGRIMBA’s board decided to organize its 2nd bi-annual congress in Wageningen by the name of AGRIMBA-AVA Congress.
Agribusiness and rural development are both fast developing research areas, especially in the numerous universities for Life Sciences in Europe and beyond. AGRIMBA’s 2nd bi-annual congress in Wageningen will pay attention to both agribusiness and rural development.
Especially the international aspects of these areas require attention. The 2nd AGRIMBA-AVA Congress includes scientific and policy contributions as well as visits to farms and agribusiness firms in the rural areas of the Province of Friesland in the Netherlands.
- June 22nd 2011: 19.00 hours: Evening event: welcome drinks and registration
- June 23rd 2011: Registration, conference sessions and conference dinner
- June 24th 2011: Conference sessions, excursion and closure
- Prof. dr. C.P. Veerman (former Minister of Agriculture, The Netherlands)
- Prof. dr. A. Nábrádi (Dean Faculty of Applied Economics and Rural Development, University of Debrecen, Hungary)
- Entrepreneurship in rural areas and agribusiness
- International agribusiness: west to east and east to west
- Stimulating innovation through cooperation
- Improving food safety and quality: policy implications
- New ideas in agribusiness and rural development (ISINI-theme)
- Rural resilience and the role of social capital in rural development
- The role of education in modernizing agribusiness and rural areas
- Globalization of the food industry
- Stimulating regional development and tourism
- Effects of global economic crisis on agribusiness and rural development
More information on www.aep.wur.nl